White Bean Spread With Tuna
Since we are experiencing triple digit weather this weekend, the last thing I wanted to do was spend hours in the kitchen, so I decided to make this healthy and easy tuna recipe. I found this while browsing my beloved The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno sometime last year. This recipe is so simple, as you will see from the list of ingredients, but somehow it just works. My husband is a huge fan of this dish and has asked for it many times since I first made it.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can white beans of your choice (I used white kidney beans)
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, trimmed
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 8 oz albacore tuna, water packed
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in small frying pan and saute onions until just translucent. Do not over-brown. Transfer pan contents to food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse until just blended for a chunky version or longer for a smooth version.
2. Serve on flat bread, in pita bread or wraps, rice cakes (as shown), or with chips.
Okay, I'm off to make some nice cold tea and chill for the rest of the day before the start of another crazy busy week. I hope everyone has a fantastic week and 4th of July holiday!
Until next time,